Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Codec Disabled message

  1. #1
    Inactive Member mak's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2000
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    For some reason, my EWS64XL has started loading with CODEC, CONTROL PORT , GAME PORT AND MIDI 2 disabled (in Device manager). I have re-installed, and checked the EWS64neu file in the EEprom directory, and they are ticked enabled. When I re-load, W98 PnP locates the hardware, but reports it disabled at the 'find' stage.
    Help? Is it an EEprom problem? All was working fine, I was just 'tinkering' with something when this chain of events unfolded

  2. #2
    Inactive Member KKu's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    No prob. Just manually update your drivers.

    Right-click on "My Computer", properties... search DISABLED[EWS CODEC], open it, find "update drivers", select "use different driver", and select EWS CODEC. Do this to all drivers that are _NOT_ disabled.

    That should do it.

    .KKu

    ------------------
    ... mmm, coffeebreak!
    [email protected] http://kotisivu.raketti.net/kaaro
    Now w. ICQ, feel free to contact.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member mak's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 31st, 2000
    Posts
    4
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Mmh, thanks for that- but I'd tried that. Anyways, I got it back to 'Normal' by opening the Eeprom DOS window and restoring the factory settings as per the Manual and Voila!
    I must have pushed those settings beyond the limit- I think I selected PnP for all the IRQ's- sounded good at the time.
    Thanks for you're reply
    MK

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •